Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Duties of a Principal

Our school-All Saints Catholic School-is located outside the city amidst the mountains and most of the roads by school are dirt or stone. I guess I shouldn't have been shocked with the two lessons the janitor taught me today.
1) I was shown the stick to carry snakes-rattlesnakes and others-off of the school grounds. The stick is about 4 feet long with a clamp at the end. Upon seeing a snake open the clamp and get the head and then carry it off school grounds-do not kill it. Capture and release program!
2) African bees are very common here. If you see a hive of bees call the beekeeper in Bisbee. He knows how to get rid of them.
Maybe I will be blessed and not have to put into action what I learned today.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and God bless!
    Too bad snakes don't eat bees?

    ReplyDelete