Monday, November 12, 2012

Veterans Day Remembrance!



The students at All Saints Catholic School in Sierra Vista, AZ gave honor, respect and thanks to the Veterans who are serving our country now and have served in the United  States military.  Fort Huachuca is the Army base in our town. Many of our parents work there and are in the Army. Our students truly know the importance of our veterans and what they sacrifice for our country.

Students wrote poems and prayers for veterans and those whose parents serve(d) in the military they wrote a letter to them thanking them for their service to our country. Below is the concern a young daughter has for her Dad who is in the Army and has been deployed many times. Listen to her heart-she tells the love for her dad, her concern, her fears and her PRIDE in her Dad as he serves our country.

I AM THANKFUL AND PROUD

I am thankful and Proud!
I wonder if you are going back to fight.
I hear everybody crying.
Because they don't want their Dad to go.
I see all the Army men
Go onto the bus to the airport.

I want my Dad to stay with us.
I am thankful and Proud!
I pretend I am happy.
I feel like I hear my Dad talking to me
I touch my Bible my Dad gave me
Before he went to fight in Iraq.

I worry that my Dad will get hurt.
I cry every night
Because I have bad dreams
That my Dad will get hurt.
I am thankful and Proud!

I understand that they have to send my Dad to help fight.
I say I do hear
My Dad talking to me.
I dream bad things are going to happen over the night.
I try not to think about it.
I am thankful and Proud.

By Natalie in 4th Grade.

A flag raising ceremony was held on Monday, November 12th by the students and faculty of our school to give honor and thanks to our Veterans. It was the first very,cold and blustery day this winter.






I am thankful and proud of all the men and women who have served our country and who are serving now. May God keep them safe and bring them home to their sons and daughters who are waiting for them and worrying about their safety, but yet they are Proud of their Dads and their Moms!



























No comments:

Post a Comment